Spring 2016 classes have been posted for this wonderful Redding after school program, Build It. Classes include:
Scratch Computer Programming
Arduino and Electronics
As a child, I would have absolutely eaten this stuff up. How terrific that we have this available to today’s Redding youth. Even though I’m in real estate, barely a day goes by that I don’t need to code something in HTML or CSS. It would have been a lot easier to learn as a kid!
Build It’s Core Values from their About page:
- Education is fun
- When there is passion, there is education
- Freedom is one of most empowering vehicle of education
- Creativity is more important than knowledge
- Generosity multiplies open mind and effortless learning
- make it fun for everyone come in contact with Build It: paid or non-paid students, parents, social workers, staff, classes, camps, birthday parties, charity events,…
recognize the spark, and light it on fire!
- give staff the freedom to run
- staff give students as much freedom as possible
- the goal is not to obtain knowledge, but to promote creativity
- give generously, time, resource, knowledge, and ideas
Build It. That’s Really Redding.