Click for weather forecast
Mt Shasta Ski Park Weather Conditions
Cal Trans Current Road Condition Cameras
Note: If you see an error message on this page, try refreshing the browser.
- McKinney Fire containment inches up to 60%; many evacuation orders, warnings lowered
The Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office has reduced evacuation orders and warnings in many areas as firefighters get an upper hand on the blaze, although other restrictions remain in place. …
- 'We don't let anything stop us': Siskiyou fair's junior livestock auction moves to Oregon
Not having a junior livestock auction would be devastating for the young 4-H, FFA and independent exhibitors who spend months raising farm animals.
- Bugged: Outdoor cockroach infestations grow in Shasta County, Northern California
Got cockroaches? You're not alone. Californians are dealing with a population explosion of the icky pests in their garages, homes and apartments.
- Nine years after his conviction, Mark Duenas seeking a new trial in wife's murder
Mark Duenas' lawyer is asking a judge for a new trial, claiming his previous attorney did not competently defend him.
- UPDATE: Missing Klamath River man found safe in Washington
Siskiyou deputies said that as of Tuesday night, no one was unaccounted for in the McKinney Fire.
- McKinney Fire map: Where the wildfire is burning in Siskiyou County
California Gov. Gavin Newsom declared a state of emergency Saturday. Here's where the McKinney Fire and other California wildfires are burning.
- No one injured when blaze burns over two crew vehicles; McKinney Fire up to 55% containment
The two fire vehicles belonged to the Bureau of Indian Affairs and were parked when they were hit by flames, officials said.
- Here are the top 30 power high school football players in Shasta County
These are the top 30 power high school football players in Shasta County.
- Coronavirus update: 2 more men die of COVID-19, outbreak drops in Shasta County
Two more people died of COVID-19, Shasta County Health and Human Services Agency announced Tuesday. Here's the latest:
- PG&E hosting virtual webinar on wildfire safety. Here's how to attend.
The webinar is 5:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday.
A News Cafe
- Prevalence of Shasta County Residents’ Early Trauma Explains High ACEs Scores; Hope Remains
A 3-year-old boy stood in a parking lot in downtown Redding in 2018, throwing rocks at his unconscious, overdosing mother in an attempt to wake her. He was picked up by Child Protective Services and p …
- State Sen. Brian Dahle Taps Into Christian Nationalism for Gubernatorial Bid
Bethel Music troubadour Sean Feucht is the Pied Piper of Christian nationalism. As voluminously documented by my A News Café colleague Shawn Schwaller here and here, Feucht has an exhibited an almost …
- Supervisor Bob Williams Censured – Tehama Unites Against Misogyny
Shout-out to Bill Cornelius, the Wednesday resident of my Saturday column space in the Red Bluff Daily News. His descriptions of all the local columnists were spot on, and I am happy he remembers our …
- High-Profile Bay Area Civil Rights Law Firm to Represent Dog-Mauling Victim
There are new developments in the story first brought to you in June by A News Café regarding the horrific dog-mauling suffered by a Shasta County teen on Sept. 3, 2021. Ryder Klenk, the victim of the …
- Shasta College Receives $3.3M For Expansion of Forest Health Programs
Shasta College will receive $3.3M as part of a 4-year statewide “Careers in Forestry” partnership to expand forestry and fire-safety training programs throughout Northern California. The Foundation fo …
- Noni Doni’s Kitchen – Platte County Pie: When a chocolate chip cookie and pecan pie had a baby
For some time now, I’ve wanted to make a little cookbook for my grandchildren. Today I present to you the first Noni Doni cooking column. I’ll periodically publish some of my favorite reci …
- Hit the road, Jack! Hiking Prospect Peak and Tehama Citizens Fight Back
With all the craziness from last week, I forgot to tell you about our hike up Prospect Peak in Lassen Volcanic National Park. We’ve done a bunch of hikes in the park this year, but this was the best o …
Error: Feed has a error or is not valid
Error: Feed has a error or is not valid – try refreshing the browser