Click for weather forecast
Mt Shasta Ski Park Weather Conditions
Cal Trans Current Road Condition Cameras
Note: If you see an error message on this page, try refreshing the browser.
- Shasta Lake dials back water use restrictions; is Redding next?
Supplies have been bolstered by water allocations to Shasta Lake from the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, as well as from rising rainfall and snow levels.
- Trillions of gallons have soaked California. Is this the state's wettest winter ever?
The colossal amount of rain and snow that has fallen on California over the past few months equals more than 78 trillion gallons of water.
- Three Wolves and a BJJ grappler among six Shasta Family YMCA Athletes of the Week
A jiu-jitsu grappler joined two softball players, two track athletes and a baseball player to win the Shasta Family Athletes of the Week award.
- Michele Chandler named Record Searchlight news editor
Michele Chandler joined the Record Searchlight in 2018.
- Lake Shasta rises 118 feet, now nearly 30 feet from the top as California storms roll in
Lake Shasta, the state's largest reservoir, is 82% full.
- Report: Millionaire LaMalfa receives thousands of dollars in ag subsidies
The family of U.S. Rep. Doug LaMalfa, who represents the North State in Congress, received $235,583 in commodity farm subsidies from 2018 to 2021.
- Winter storm drops more rain, snow on Shasta, Siskiyou counties
A winter storm brought more rain and snow to areas already seeing higher than normal rainfall; but no rain for some already dry areas.
- USDA to replace food lost during winter storm flooding, power outages: News roundup
News from around Redding, Shasta County and throughout far Northern California in March, 2023.
- The 5 digital benefits of a Record Searchlight subscription
With a digital subscription, you can help our journalists hold those in power accountable.
- Shasta supervisors elected with Dominion machines opt to hand-count ballots in local races
Driven by distrust in the election process, Shasta County's Board of Supervisors voted to scrap machine counting ballots and go back to hand counting.
A News Cafe
- ‘Phillustrations’: Dum Minions Voting System In Place
Phil Fountain is a pseudonym for ANC’s prodigal cartoonist, Philbert Phountain, who has recently returned from a working hiatus where he served as the lead fact-checker for George Santos. He lives in …
- Shasta Supes Vote 3-2 to Scrap Machine Votes in Favor of Hand Tally for Election Ballots
For the third time in as many months, Shasta County’s Board of Supervisors upheld a 3-2 vote Tuesday to scrap the county’s Democracy Suite 2.2 ballot counting system leased by Dominion Voting Systems …
- Registrar of Voters Delivers Searing Facts to Hand-Tally-Believers: More Expensive, Less Accurate, Bad Idea
It would cost nearly $1.7 million dollars. It would require more than 1,300 staff members. It would be more time-consuming. It would be less accurate. It would take longer. It would put Shasta County …
- RPD Confirms Investigation Involving Chriss Street, Prospective Shasta County Board of Supervisors CEO
Literally hours before the Shasta County Board of Supervisors is due to convene for a special meeting to decide upon the county’s future CEO, controversy and secrecy surrounds one candidate who …
- Conservative Supervisor Kevin Crye Calls MyPillow CEO Meeting a ‘Nothingburger’ … Rakes in Big-Government Program Money
In the present moment, it’s fair to say no local politician is more openly hostile to government at all levels than Shasta County District 1 Supervisor Kevin Crye. District 4 Supervisor Patrick …
- If Final Background Check Clears, Supervisors May Introduce CEO Tuesday. Voting Machine Contracts Revisited
Pending the background check results, Shasta County Supervisors may announce Chriss Street is the county’s new Chief Executive Officer following an 8 a.m. closed session, and prior to the start of the …
- California Voting Rights Organizations Send Second Letter to Supervisors
The Honorable Kevin Crye The Honorable Tim Garman The Honorable Patrick Jones The Honorable Chris Kelstrom The Honorable Mary Rickert Shasta County Board of Supervisors 1450 Court Street, Suite 308B R …
- Town-Hall Event Features Supervisor’s Favoritism, Evasion, Deception
One week ago District 1 Supervisor Kevin Crye proved, once again, his propensity for complicating even the most basic plans, even a seemingly simple town-hall event. First, Crye selected a place that …
Error: Feed has a error or is not valid
Error: Feed has a error or is not valid – try refreshing the browser