Mt Shasta Ski Park Weather Conditions
Cal Trans Current Road Condition Cameras
Local Police radio scanners online at Redding.com
KRCR Interactive weather radar
Note: If you see an error message on this page try, refreshing the browser.
- Burning Man festival draws peak crowd of 66,000
The Burning Man counterculture festival drew a peak crowd of nearly 66,000 celebrants as it neared an end Monday on the northern Nevada desert.
- San Francisco to test urban farming law
San Francisco will soon become the first city to enact a California law giving owners who turn empty lots into gardens the chance to get a tax break, a newspaper reported.
- Obama: 'Revving' economy calls for higher wages
President Barack Obama renewed his push for Congress to raise the minimum wage Monday in a buoyant accounting of the economy's "revving" performance, delivered on behalf of Democrats op …
- Iraq prime minister pledges to root out militant
Iraq's outgoing prime minster pledged Monday to turn his country into "a big grave" for Sunni militants from the Islamic State group and commended security forces who achieved a rare vi …
- Colleges find teachers need teaching, too
Teaching centers generally provide services, such as one-on-one consultations aimed at helping professors improve their classroom performance.
- Can success of Ice Bucket Challenge be replicate
Philanthropy expert Beth Kanter, the Los Gatos-based author of "Measuring the Networked Nonprofit," says she imagines that staff at nonprofit organizations are now being pressed by their boa …
- What kind of prison might the inmates design?
Some of their models are fanciful, individual cells with Internet connections and even outdoor decks
- More emphasis is being put on early education
Experts on early childhood education have reached a broad but hardly unanimous consensus about what best helps the youngest children learn
- More women discover the thrill of motorcycles
More than ever, researchers say, women are riding motorcycles.
- The Rise And Fall Of The 40-Hour Workweek
The first Labor Day march took place in New York City in 1882.
- Father of toddler who died last week breaks his silence
While the death of a 14-month-old girl is still under investigation, her father speaks to KRCR News Channel 7 about her life.
- Seniors in Oroville subdivision feeling powerless
A 24-hour power outage has temporary fix
- Kayaking, Redding's strange obsession
The Northstate is known for providing plenty of recreational opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts, including kayaking.
- Shasta Lake on Labor Day
One operator of a Shasta Lake marina hopes the perception of the low water levels will change and people will enjoy the facilities.
- Northstate wildfire update Sept. 1
Details on the latest updates on the wildfires burning in the Northstate.
- Robbery suspect pepper-sprayed, captured at nearby motel
A suspect was arrested after police said he tried to rob a Redding gas station.
- Caltrans warns of holiday traffic nightmare
Drivers could face delays of up to three hours on southbound Interstate 5 due to road construction near Lakehead.
- Labor Day weekend tamer than usual in Chico
Less people have been out floating the Sacramento River and Chico police say the crowds have been "very respectful."
- Two arrested for murder at Chico 7-Eleven
Police responded to find a 44-year-old male with stab wounds to his torso and head.
- Suspect sought in Redding river trail attack
The victim was taken to the hospital for treatment of injuries to his face and head.
- Alcohol ban causes low floater turnout
The Sacramento River near Chico is traditionally the big draw on Labor Day but the numbers who turned out today and over the weekend are down from past years.Just a few years ago, officials say they h …
- Campus liquor store manager says fake ID's on rise this year
A liquor store manager near Chico State's campus said he's seeing an increase in fake ID's.Star Liquors' Pawan Pabbi said he's already confiscated 22 since Chico State student …
- Rain takes a toll on orchard's peaches
Noble Orchards in Paradise had a different type of peach season."This is a rain stripe where the rain drop hit here." says Noble Orchards owner Lauri Noble.A rainstorm last month took a toll …
- Labor council hosts annual picnic
Labor Day is more than just a day off from work, and unions want those celebrating to remember that."Labor Day is a celebration of the American worker. It started over a century ago celebrating t …
- Chico State completes ALS ice bucket challenge, the Wildcat way
Chico State completed the ALS ice bucket challenge, the wildcat way, today.And while no ice was involved, around 100 Chico State students and faculty, including President Zingg jumped in the WREC outd …
- Slowly cooling down this week
It was a hot Labor Day around the North State, with many Valley locations seeing highs near 100. High pressure will slowly weaken over the rest of the week in response to a series of weak disturbances …
- Man arrested for gas station robbery and false imprisonment in Redding
A dramatic ending to an armed robbery at a Redding gas station. The robbery happened about 7:30 this morning at the Chevron Gas Station at 1650 Hilltop Drive.Police say the suspect, identified as 31-y …
- Happy Camp Complex Fire continues to grow
The Happy Camp Complex Fire burning in Siskiyou County continues to grow.The blaze in the Klamath National Forest has grown to more than 63,847 acres and is 15% contained.Mandatory evacuation orders r …
- Low water levels create hazards
The traditional Labor Day scene at the Sacramento River has changed the last two years following drought conditions and the alcohol ban.Water levels have dramatically dropped this year, causing more s …
- Fire Danger Increasing On This Labor Day
Extreme heat, very dry conditions, and stronger winds will all be big factors that will increase fire danger in today's forecast. Temperatures are projected to climb into the high 90's …
Redding Homes Blog
- Google data shows home search is on the rise
Saw a really fascinating article by Google about seasonal trends in real estate searches. Click on either graphic to go to the whole article. Then too, the the data reveals changes in our taste. Big d …
- New video tour! Ono view home
We’ve uploaded this beautiful brief virtual tour video describing the home we have for sale in lovely Ono California. Take a look and see what you think. Offered by: The Address Realty Skip Murp …
- New tour video! 2967 Ross Creek Court
Just finished up the tour video for this lovely home on Ross Creek Court in the amazing Pacific Heights neighborhood. Check it out, and be sure to switch it for HD: Another fine home offered by: The A …
- A Redding home seller testimonial
We were able to sell Tom’s house in Redding while saving him a big pile of money in the process. We can sell yours too. We think home sellers should keep more of their money. Thanks for using ou …
- New listing! Gorgeous Pacific Heights home $410,000
This will be our 4th home sale on this luxury cul de sac! The art of living can be yours in this Pacific Heights masterwork. Bring your interior design ideas to life in this Modern California Style st …
- New Listing! Ono view home $359,000
(Edit: There is currently a large wildfire burning some miles west of this property. Call for updates) A while back we published a few teaser images of this view home coming up for sale in Ono. Now it …
- June 2014 Shasta and Redding area home sales trends
Here’s the latest chart of marketing trends that we like to monitor on a monthly basis. Just yesterday, we were asked by a buyer what the average price paid was versus the asking price. Here you …
- New listing! 815 Middle Street Redding -Got pool?
Well this one does. Nice to have on a sunny Redding July day. Click image to immerse… Enjoy the large shimmering pool with built in spa and barbeque at this spacious Ranch Style home in northwes …
- Sold! 2475 Castlewood in East Redding
We found a cash buyer for this lovely east Redding home! It closed escrow today for $412,000. Our tour video received over 180 views! We can sell your home too. Let us show you how we do that.
- Auction rigging hurts foreclosed homeowners
Excellent article today in the Chronicle about auction rigging of foreclosed homes. Think it doesn’t happen here? Click on image for more. I wanted to video the local auction process here …
- 135 Danbury Dr Redding 96003 HUD home $175,000
Here’s a 1990 built home near Simpson University and Bethel. It’s listed as a 1219 sqft 3/2. Looks like very water wise lawn situation at the moment. Representing the interests of your gov …
- 2437 Snow Lane Redding 96003 Lake Redding Estates $237,900
We’ve been in this home with the prior owner. It’s quite nice, and a great neighborhood. “Lake Redding Location with inground gunite pool; nice large backyard with patio. Newly paint …
- 1802 Breckenwood Dr Redding 96002 Woodhaven $199,900
Here’s a government owned ’85 Ranch Style home in Woodhaven in east Reddding. There’s only this one photo provided, but you can click on it to make it bigger. “Computer, enhanc …
- 30544 Sleepy Hollow Dr Shingletown 96088 $214,900
We’ve been in this Shasta Forest Village home. It’s very nice. “Newer, well kept mountain home with 3 bedrooms, two baths, inside laundry, open floor plan, rock hearth with wood stov …
- 1800 Los Flores Shasta Lake City 96019 $84,900
Here’s a government owned home for sale in Shasta Lake City. Representing the interests of the government in this sale is foreclosure listing broker Brian Salado of The Real Estate Group. He wri …
- 19328 Millicent Anderson 96007 $149,000
This home looks like an interesting .54 acre setting for the money. Also, having available a federal renovation loan is a plus. There are more photos of this Anderson foreclosure home at the link. Rep …
- 3161 Brent Redding 96002 ’97 2081 sqft 4/2.5 $324900
Here’s a government owned REO home in Redding. Representing the government in this sale is foreclosure listing agent AnnMarie Nelson of Realty World Tri Shasta. She writes: “This home is a …
- 3714 Sunwood Redding 96002 HUD home $180,000
Here’s a HUD home in the Sunwood subdivision of Redding. It’s listed as a 1986 built 1344 sqft 3/2 on .39 acre. Representing the interests of the government in this sale is foreclosure lis …
- 15916 Cindee Redding 96001 ’76 2468 sqft 3/2 Pool $214,900
Over 80 REOs today, so inventory is up. Here’s an unusual West Redding opportunity. It’s unusual. And it is a fairly desirable locale. Representing the lender/seller is foreclosure listing …
- 10+ acres Sol Semete Trail Redding 96001 Monte de las Flores Was $390K Now $149,000
Here’s a good sized lot in a very desirable neighborhood. It might not actually be in Monte de las Flores, but it seems like it might be part of it. It’s raw land at this point. There are …