Mt Shasta Ski Park Weather Conditions
Cal Trans Current Road Condition Cameras
Local Police radio scanners online at Redding.com
KRCR Interactive weather radar
Note: If you see an error message on this page, try refreshing the browser.
- Another police officer attacked with ax
Another police officer has been attacked with an ax, this time in Washington, DC.
- Stockton bankruptcy ruling preserves pensions
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — A federal bankruptcy judge approved the city of Stockton's bankruptcy recovery plan Thursday and sidestepped challenges to its workers' pensions that could have threaten …
- Audit: USDA mismanaged rural outreach program
A rural development program the U.S. Department of Agriculture has touted as a success selected participants with “questionable qualifications” and then didn’t perform the necessary legwork to see whe …
- Late night pizza grab injures NFL player
An NFL player will need surgery after a late night pizza grab goes wrong.
- Pot storage shed needed under Measure A
Details of Shasta County's Measure A would prohibit medical marijuana from being stored in homes.
- Downtown group seeks more trees
Business owners trying to spruce up the heart of the city say what it may need is a bit more green and some shade.
- 'The Colbert Report' sets final show date
Truthiness will burn on, even if The Colbert Report's flame is extinguished.
- Podcast: Should you be able to vote online?
Next Tuesday Americans across the country will participate in one of the most basic civic duties: voting. For many, that means taking time off work, driving to a designated polling place and casting t …
- Ebola: Another example of the power of philanthropy
Paul Allen is the latest one percent-er to make a donation to fight Ebola, pledging $100 million to fight Ebola. Advocates say philanthropy has the potential to fill chronic gaps not only in public he …
- Virgin Galactic says space tourism rocket lost
MOJAVE, Calif. (AP) — Virgin Galactic reported that its SpaceShipTwo space tourism rocket has been lost in Southern California.
- Murder victim's family speak about arrest
The family of Cody Radford, who was allegedly killed at a Halloween party last week, is speaking out about the arrest of a suspect.
- Opponents of Measure A explain meaning of 'no' vote
People against Measure A, the proposed law to ban outdoor marijuana cultivation, held a press conference on Friday to voice their opinion over the matter.
- Chico spend thousands for extra Halloween patrol
It’s the busiest holiday of the year for law enforcement in Chico.
- Republicans upset over 'deceptive' mailers
The Butte County Republican Party is crying foul over fliers they say are intended to fool republican voters into voting for the "wrong candidates and measures."
- Rain dampens crowd, not spirit of Treat Street
Rain lowered turnout for the annual Treat Street event in downtown Chico on Friday.
- Family of bus driver files lawsuit in deadly Orland crash
10 people died in April's fiery collision between a tour bus and a FedEx truck in Glenn County.
- Supporters of Measure A hold conference to voice concerns
Supporters of Measure A held a press conference Thursday in Redding to discuss why they believe outdoor cultivation of marijuana in Shasta County should be banned.
- School janitor accused of molesting student to stand trial
A Butte County school janitor accused of having sexual relations with a student will stand trial.
- Funds raised to give free bus rides to veterans
RABA teamed up with a Shasta County Veterans group to raise money to give free ride tickets for veterans.
- 'Operation Boo' to keep sex offenders away on Halloween
The operation is a California law that keeps sex offenders inside their homes and away from children on Halloween.
- Halloween Storm
Rain arrived on Halloween, and soaked us nicely. Most areas in the Valley saw between 1/3" and 2/3". As cold low pressure moves over us Saturday, we'll keep the threat of a shower in th …
- AAA Northern California offers 'tipsy tow' for Halloween night
AAA Northern California is offering its 'tipsy tow' service for anyone out drinking Halloween night.The service will start at 6 p.m. tonight and run until Saturday morning at 6 a.m.Drivers, …
- Countdown begins for election day in Shasta County
We are only days away from the November elections and Shasta County has been gearing up all week for the big day.Volunteers at the voting registration office tallied the latest ballot numbers Friday m …
- Enloe says they're prepared for Halloween weekend
Officials at Enloe Medical Center say they have a plan in place for every Halloween, just in case their typical spike in alcohol-related patients is a sharp one.On any given holiday, Enloe says they a …
- Storm sends tree through Chico home
An afternoon storm and a large tree got the best of an abandoned Chico home Friday afternoon.Friday's storm caused a large tree to fall onto an Arbutus Way home around 3 p.m., but fortunately the …
- Chico man recovers 7-year-old's stolen bike
A local bike expert didn't hesitate Friday morning when he spotted what he knew was a BMX bike that had been stolen from a 7-year-old boy a few weeks ago.Mike Gage, the service manager at Chico B …
- 'Check Before You Light' program starts Saturday in Butte County
The "Check Before You Light" program asking Butte County residents to refrain from using wood stoves and fireplaces on poor air quality days begins Saturday.Air quality officials say chimney …
- Gubernatorial candidates heading to the North State
Republican gubernatorial candidate Neel Kashkari is coming to Chico Sunday, hoping to make up some ground in the final days of the campaign, while Governor Jerry Brown plans to hold his final campaign …
- Wet & Windy Halloween Forecast
Cooler temperatures, rain, snow, and the potential for thunderstorms are all ahead in your Halloween forecast. Temperatures are only projected to climb into the low to mid 60's in the valley, and …
- Halloween Baking: Wicked Witch Cupcakes
If you're still getting treats together for Halloween festivities, we have some pointers for easy transformations.Take a look at how to make Halloween cupcakes, compliments of Mim's Bakery i …
- Novembeer cancelled due to weather
The Anderson Chamber of Commerce has cancelled tomorrow’s Novembeer event in Anderson River Park, due to the weather system moving through the area.
- Vehicle Burglary Solved While Investigating Unrelated Call
On October 29, at about 8:30 a.m., an Anderson Police Officer took a vehicle burglary report in the 1900 block of Howard Street in Anderson, where $1000 cash in $100 bills was stolen along with other …
- Redding Man arrested in Stolen Vehicle
On October 27, at about 4:53 a.m., an Anderson police officer was returning to Anderson after booking an unassociated offender into the Shasta County Jail. The officer was stopped on southbound HWY 27 …
- Anderson Man Stabbed During Altercation
On Wednesday, Oct. 22, at around 9:12 p.m. Anderson police officers were dispatched to the 2500 block of Highway 273 for a report of a possible stabbing. Upon arrival, officers made contact with the v …
- Clerical error skews water loss numbers
Maghan Hunt Editor The City of Anderson was part of a recent story done by the Record Searchlight on the amount of water lost in Shasta County each year. According to David Durette, deputy director of …
Redding Homes Blog
- New! Tour video for our commercial listing in Anderson
This practically building cries out to be converted into Anderson’s only Brewpub! What would you do with Raymond’s Libations? Watch in HD. Offered by: The Address Realty Skip Murphy CalBRE …
- Shasta REALTORS® promote professionalism
Really love this recent message to all our local REALTORs from our board’s Executive Officer. Hello Fellow REALTORS®, REALTORS® pledge to treat all parties in a transaction honestly, to provide …
- Redding area home prices up in September
Here is some statistical data we look at every month to help us plan trends in our local homes market. This is September. Longtime readers should recognize the format. Looks like prices are headed up. …
- Affordable housing in Shasta Lake City
Here’s some attractive looking affordable housing going up in Shasta Lake City. Looks like a really nice collaboration project. Good work.It’s right across the street from Shasta Lake Scho …
- New listing! Raymond’s Libations
Hey, this would make a great brewpub. The roughly 4000 sqft space is currently divided into a bar, a banquet room, an office, and an apartment. There’s room out back on the 7500 sqft lot for mor …
- You won’t find us in the Yellow Pages
Many years ago, the YellowPages was equivalent to Google for finding a business. Today, this yellow book arrived unwelcome and uninvited on my driveway, I paused briefly before recycling it to see if …
- Demographics is destiny
Here’s some interesting demographic info, presented with trendy dubsteppy music. Around here we say demographics is destiny, for real estate.
- Biggest homeseller mistakes, according to agents
So there’s this website for agents called Active Rain, and they polled 1000 agents to ask what the biggest mistakes homesellers can make might be. We mostly agree with the list. To the extent yo …
- Thank you, Marie Whitacre
Marie Whitacre served many roles at The Shasta Association of Realtors, and everything she did helped to raise the bar of quality and integrity. This evening, we gathered at the GAIA to thank her for …
- How The Economic Machine Works
Just curating this here. Very useful info, if you have a few minutes to review. How The Economic Machine Works by Ray Dalio
- 112 Yolla Bolly Trail Redding 96003 Shasta Hills Estates $170,000
Here’s a nice looking HUD controlled home in a gated, over-55 community. “Great home in Shasta Hills Estates, 55+ gated community w/club house, pool, exercise rm., RV parking and walking t …
- 7095 Bohn Anderson 96007 1404 sqft 3/2 on 1 acre $199,000
Here’s a foreclosed home with a tile roof in the Friendly Hills neighborhood. “Great country setting for this home on 1 acre with new carpet, vinyl and interior paint as well as new applia …
- 22197 River View Cottonwood 96022 Lake California $125,000
Where else in California can you buy a home in a gated community for $125K? “The community encompasses approximately 5,950 acres, with 2,200 plus lots, which features spectacular views of Mt. La …
- 15659 Mt Shasta View Oak Run 96069 Up in the woods $115,000
So maybe you’re looking for a place up in the woods. Maybe just as a getwaway. Or maybe as a place to ride out an approaching plague remote from large groups of people. Oak Run is just such a pl …
- 1435,1443 Diamond St Anderson 96007 1 lot with 2 homes $132,900
Here’s a rare 2 on 1 REO currently being offered by your government from your Fannie Mae organization. “Two houses on one spacious lot. 1435 Diamond is a one bedroom 1 bath with laundry ro …
- 2840 Camulos Redding 96002 $204,900
Here’s a Fannie Mae owned foreclosure home. Built in 1987 and a 3/2 of about 1738 sqft. There’s only this one image in the MLS. Representing the seller interest in this sale is foreclosure …
- 1355 Denton Way Redding 96002 1870 sqft 3/2 Pool $217,800
So evidently the FUJI FinePix F500EXR is prone to blowing out images in strong light, in case you were wondering. And you probably weren’t. Representing the bank/seller is foreclosure listing ag …
- 6777 Mullen Pkwy Redding 96001 Was $350K Now $184,900
A different agent might roll down the car window before taking the lead marketing photo. Anyway this one once listed for an optimistic $350K back in 2006. But what’s perhaps more important to kn …
- 1008 Grouse Dr Redding 96003 Quail Ridge $162,900
A different agent might take a photo of the front of a house they are listing for sale. Or at least a tree in front, like yesterday’s FDotD. Did manage to get that empty liquor bottle and… …
- 2165 Butte Street Redding 96001 Downtown Redding $160,000
A rare, cute home west of downtown Redding. You don’t see many homes like this for sale. So, here’s photo of a tree, with the home somewhere in the background. “Adorable West Side wi …