Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data01/42/2392042/html/wp-content/plugins/rss-import/rssimport.php on line 372
Click for weather forecast
Mt Shasta Ski Park Weather Conditions
Cal Trans Current Road Condition Cameras
Local Police radio scanners online at Redding.com
KRCR Interactive weather radar
Note: If you see an error message on this page, try refreshing the browser.
- Jury begins deliberations in Cottonwood man’s murder case
A Shasta County jury will begin its first full-day of deliberations Thursday in the murder case of a Cottonwood man accused of murdering his uncle.
- UPDATED: Big rig crash blocking Shasta Caverns Road
UPDATED at 2 p.m.
- Two mountain lions spotted on Shasta College campus
Shasta College officials said two mountain lions have been spotted on campus today.
- Wednesday weather: Slight chance of thunderstorms
Showers and thunderstorms could hit the Redding area after 11 a.m on Wednesday, though forecasters have pinned the chance at only 20 percent.
- Empty house burns early Wednesday near downtown Redding
Firefighters quickly knocked down a house fire early Wednesday at Court and Terrace streets near downtown Redding.
- Starman, Lees discuss safety study with League of Women Voters
Redding City Manager Kurt Starman and Shasta County Executive Officer Larry Lees spoke about the Blueprint for Public Safety at a Tuesday night meeting of the League of Women Voters of the Redding Are …
- Residents want safe biking, walking on Bechelli Lane
At a workshop Tuesday, dangerous crossings, views obstructed by parked trucks on the road and incomplete sidewalks topped about a dozen residents' concerns with Bechelli Lane.
- North State in brief: May 25, 2016
Hearing set in death of father
- Flooding, water concern for Shingletown development
Water — too much and too little — is becoming an issue for the Dollar General store proposed for Shingletown.
- Fraternity responds to Lake Shasta campground trashing
Both the University of Oregon and a fraternity issued apologies over a trashed campground on Lake Shasta, where a group of college students partied over the weekend.
- Entomologist testifies for defense in Bealer murder trial
Entomologist testifies for defense in Quentin Bealer murder trial in Sacramento
- Students warned about 2 mountain lions near Shasta College
Shasta College students warned about two mountain lions spotted near campus
- Redding railroad work closes downtown crossings
Union Pacific Railroad will be pulling and replacing tracks in downtown Redding on Wednesday which will cause traffic delays until 4 p.m.
- Rollover crash along Interstate 5 injures driver
A driver was injured after crashing into a tree early Wednesday along Interstate 5 at Shasta Dam Boulevard.
- Abandoned home damaged after early morning fire
An abandoned home in Redding was damaged after a fire erupted around 3 a.m. Wednesday on the 2100 block of Court Street.
- U.S. Forest Service cleans up Slaughterhouse Island
Rangers with the Shasta-Trinity Forest Service were on Shasta Lake Tuesday clearing the trash from Slaughterhouse Island.
- Bealer continues testimony in his own murder trial
Quentin Bealer was back on the stand Tuesday in a Sacramento courtroom, testifying in his own murder trial.
- Sacramento River conditions dangerous due to snow melt
The snow melt is creating dangerous conditions on the Sacramento River, and one guide is warning Shasta County residents to be careful.
- Multi-county, high-speed car chase ends with suspect dead
CHP said a high-speed car chase that spanned three counties ended with the suspect shooting at officers before shooting and killing himself.
- Two-car collision blocks intersection at Market, Trinity streets
A two-car collision blocked the intersection of Market and Trinity streets in downtown Redding.
- Oroville Veterans Park honored with opening ceremony
A celebration was held Wednesday morning at the Oroville Veterans Memorial Park as work is set to begin on the next phase of the project, that's been 15 years in the making.Charter members of the …
- Local clothing store owns asking for help finding burglars after break-in
A local clothing store is asking for your help this morning after it was the victim of a burglary.Cameras caught every move from the time these two suspects arrived at the store to when the fled the s …
- "Mary's Gone Crackers" Moving Headquarters to New Reno Facility
- Potential For Active Weather Lingers In Your Wednesday Forecast
Partly cloudy skies, warmer temperatures, and a lingering chance for active weather is ahead for your Wednesday forecast. Temperatures have dipped into the mid 50's in the valley overnight, and i …
- Police looking for suspects in Upper Park Clothing store burglary
A local clothing store is asking for your help after it was the victim of a burglary, and it was all caught on camera. It happened on Sunday in the early morning hours at the Upper Park Clothing store …
- Firefighters contain house fire in Redding
A structure fire broke out early Wednesday morning in Redding. Firefighters were called to a house fire located on the 2100 block of Court Street near Terrace Street. Officials say the call came in at …
- Hamilton baseball team downs Esparto 5-4, captures section title
The Hamilton baseball team defeated Esparto 5-4 on Tuesday to capture the NSCIF Division 5 Championship. The victory marked the Braves 5th straight section title. Watch the video for highlights and re …
- A local sixth grade teacher fired after showing students inappropriate YouTube video
A sixth grade teacher from a local school has been fired after showing students what some are calling – an inappropriate you-tube video.The Chico Country Day School gave Donna Henderson a leave of abs …
- Siskiyou Co man shoots self after multi-county high speed chase
A Siskiyou County man shot and killed himself after a high speed chase last night.In a routine stop, sheriff's deputies pulled over a 2007 ford mustang around 11 p-m on Highway 44 near long hayfo …
- Quentin Bealer takes the stand in murder trial
The man accused of murdering Red Bluff teen Marysa Nichols continued testifying in his own defense today in Sacramento County Superior Court today.Quentin Bealer once again took the stand in his own d …
Error: Feed has a error or is not valid – try refreshing the browser
June 2016 — Champions & Heroes
Let’s hear it for the dads – those wonderful men who pour their time, energy and love into their children. If a father in your life deserves a special treat, we’ve got some ideas for you.Original arti …
The Fantastic Lava Beds
Enjoy the ViewOriginal article published at Enjoy Magazine
Grilled Watermelon Slices
Do you remember, eating watermelon as a child? I sure do! Those hot and humid Texas summer days were almost bearable while eating a crisp, cold slice of watermelon. Original article published at Enjoy …
Field of Dreams
Tiger Field is so beautiful this summer. The newly mown grass in the outfield and infield is a deep green. Original article published at Enjoy Magazine
Sheriff's Team of Active Retired Seniors (STARS)
Twenty years ago, at the age of 73, Elizabeth Mae Watson decided to settle down long enough to help the Tehama County Sheriff’s Department develop its new Sheriff’s Team of Active Retired Seniors (STA …
May 2016 – Bright Blossoms
We begin this month by honoring the mothers in our life, and end it by paying solemn tribute to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our nation – it’s the perfect time for reflection. Origin …
Q97 Snapshot: Reclaim Your Spring
I have my nasal allergy inhaler in one hand, and a box of Kleenex in the other.Original article published at Enjoy Magazine
Honoring Veterans with Preston Sharp
On Nov. 11, 2015, 10-year-old Preston Sharp entered a cemetery to honor one veteran, not knowing that later that day he would develop an idea that would pay tribute to many.Original article published …
The 12th Annual McCloud Mushroom Festival
As you tread softly, there’s a gentle crunch of leaves underfoot. The sun shines through branches onto the forest floor, casting mottled shadows. Original article published at Enjoy Magazine …
The Art & Work of Jake Early
There was a day when Jake Early’s two art worlds collided, and the result was a professional change in direction that has brought him personal satisfaction…Original article published at Enjoy Magazi …
Redding Homes Blog
- New listing! Craftsman inspired home in NW Redding
Click on the image to view the home. Renovated northwest Redding home shows American Craftsman Style influence. Remodeled in 2007 to include huge 500+ sqft Master suite with walk-in closet and full Ma …
- Sold! Home in the Lake Boulevard Subdivision
This was the home of a dear friend who passed away this year. Helping the family sell the home, we all recalled warm stories of the former owner. It made for some bittersweet moments. But in recalling …
- Coming soon! Updated Craftsman influenced home in NW Redding!
We love the Craftsman Style. You don’t often see it in older homes of Redding. where homes were most often utilitarian and more modest. Here is a detail from an upcoming listing that has a few d …
- New listing! Find yourself in Forest Homes!
Find yourself in Forest Homes! Tree lined streets lead to this modern ranch style home with all new flooring, paint, and light fixtures. Vaulted ceilings lend space and light. Architectural details, a …
- New listing! Beautiful contemporary in Anderson.
Beautiful view home on nearly a half acre in the City of Anderson! Gorgeous granite slab kitchen with generous built-in cabinetry. Arched windows overlook mountains and valley to the north and west. G …
- New listing! West Redding home in Indian Hills!
Right now, this is the ONLY home listed for sale in the Shasta MLS inside this desirable west Redding neighborhood. Don’t miss out! Enjoy the full beauty of the West Redding lifestyle from this …
- Sold! We sell yet another home in The Bluffs in Redding!
A gorgeous Redding view! The view from the second floor bedroom. We helped Linda sell her Condo in The Bluffs in Redding, and she was kind enough to share her testimonial about our work.The best part …
- Sold! 1259 Bradley Redding 96003
The buyer used a VA loan to buy this charming NW Redding home. The selling price of $174,000 equates to $161 per sq ft. Possibly a new high mark for the neighborhood, and well above the $146 per sqft …
- New listing! Classic Redding custom home
Quiet serenity awaits! One-of-a-kind home in northwest Redding. Double door entryway faces glassed atrium with water feature. Vaulted livingroom boasting exposed beams anchored by large gas fireplace. …
- Sold! We sell two more Redding homes
Busy, busy, busy! Busy is good, here at The Address Realty. Taking time here to post about two more homes we recently sold. 1727 Whistling closed last Friday for $211K. Redding’s Quailridge is a …