Mt Shasta Ski Park Weather Conditions
Cal Trans Current Road Condition Cameras
Local Police radio scanners online at Redding.com
KRCR Interactive weather radar
Note: If you see an error message on this page, try refreshing the browser.
- Watergate editor Ben Bradlee dies
At The Washington Post and beyond, he was legendary.
- Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee dies at 93
The hard-charging editor who guided The Washington Post through its coverage of the Watergate scandal, Ben Bradlee, has died.
- Report: Toys R Us removes Breaking Bad toys
Toys R Us customers won't be able to buy Breaking Bad action figures at the stores after all.
- Indiana police contacted about potential killer in 2010
A string of unsolved strangling cases from the early 1990s to 2007 sit in the files at the Gary, Indiana police department. Four years ago, when confronted with details suggesting this might be the wo …
- Should the Fed tackle economic inequality?
Janet Yellen gave a speech last week that was unusual for a sitting chair of the Federal Reserve, though it doesn't seem to have gotten much notice apart from Fed watchers and liberals cursed wit …
- Pack of smokes with that prescription?
Talk about a prescription for trouble. One in 20 pharmacy patients picking up a prescription to treat asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or high blood pressure made another surprising purch …
- 3 things to know about Ebola
Ebola has dominated the headlines. But here are three things to know about the disease.
- Finding murder victims a lengthy process
Investigators in two states are reviewing unsolved murders and missing person reports after the arrest of an Indiana man who police say confessed to killing seven women and hinted at more victims over …
- 2014 on pace to break another heat record
Earth is on pace to tie or even break the mark for the hottest year on record, federal meteorologists say.
- Hotel supporters: Project would bring jobs
Measure B supporters say the hotel would mean 40 construction jobs and 70 hospitality positions.
- DA's Office: Deputy justified in deadly shooting
The Butte County District Attorney's Office has decided not to charge the deputy who killed a 24-year-old man in May.
- Families protest deadly officer shootings
Protesters were outside the Butte County Board of Supervisors meeting demanding a change from county leaders to stop the use of deadly force by law enforcement officers.
- Butte County golf course slated to close
The Paradise Pines Golf Course in Magalia will be closing its doors at the end of the month.
- $1 million bid placed on land designated for Measure B
Redding City Manager, Kurt Starman, confirmed Tuesday that a bid has been placed on the property marked for the possible Turtle Bay hotel.
- Investigators question students in Trinity County over threat
A male Trinity High School student is in juvenile hall after deputies said he made a threat to the school.
- Teens arrested for robbing and beating elderly man
The 64-year-old Palermo man was found by relatives in his home Friday morning with serious injuries including head trauma.
- Record gold nugget found in Butte County
The nugget, found on public land in Butte County, is the largest in California history to be in private hands, according to the firm slated to sell it.
- Teens arrested for violent home invasion robbery
Two teenagers, ages 16 and 17, have been arrested for a home invasion robbery in which a 64-year-old man was badly beaten.
- Classes resume after violent threat at Trinity High School
The campus was evacuated Monday afternoon after a threat allegedly made by a student.
- Taser used to arrest one of Shasta's Most Wanted
A man listed as one of Shasta's Most Wanted was arrested late Monday night in Burney
- Wet weather returns Thursday
We dried out today, and enjoyed a very nice Fall afternoon with just a mix of sun and clouds. Despite thickening clouds tomorrow, look for a slightly warmer day ahead of our next storm.While that stor …
- National Food Day Events Friday in Chico and Oroville
Chico Mayor Scott Gruendl will issue a resolution recognizing at the city council meeting tonight proclaiming October 24th as Food Day in Chico. The Butte County Board of Supervisors passed a similar …
- Criminal defense attorney in Redding wants thief prosecuted
It's a tale of irony — a criminal defense attorney seeking justice for a man who allegedly robbed a woman in Redding — and got away with it.John Kucera had just gotten out of federal court on t …
- Construction begins on former Greyhound site in Redding
The lot on the corner of Butte and Pine Streets in Redding is just a pile of rocks and dirt right now, but real estate agent Chris Haedrich envisions that it'll soon be a 25,000 square foot Tusca …
- Magalia's Paradise Pines Golf Course closing
A golf course is closing up shop after 44 years of business on The Ridge."It took me 10 years to be able to hit a ball like that and now they're taking the course away," golfer Jay Izat …
- Magalia man warns of scammer
A stranger has been calling William Cooksey at his home in Magalia for years. "He calls me again and says he is Microsoft and that I have all these viruses in my computer and that it is running r …
- Butte County deputy cleared in fatal shooting
After a five month investigation, Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey says a May shooting involving a Butte County Sheriff's Deputy was justified.Sheriff's Deputies responded to a fam …
- Paradise murder suspect to be held for trial
A Butte County judge said Tuesday that a Paradise man accused of killing his landlord and then burying his body in a shallow grave will be held for trial.40-year-old Charles Blalock is accused of kill …
- Large gold nugget found in Butte County
A five pound, quarter of a million dollar gold nugget was found on Butte County public land this summer.The nugget, found in July, is currently being held at Kagin's Inc. in the Bay Area and will …
- Memorial service planned for Oroville Minister
A memorial service has been planned to honor an Oroville minister who died in a motorcycle crash Friday in Riverside County.Michael Tomlinson started the Jordan Crossing Ministries in Oroville, an org …
- AUHS win homecoming game against Yreka
Big Blue won their homecoming match against the Yreka Miners 28-18.
- West Valley wins Valley Bowl 58-0
West Valley High School blew Central Valley out of the water at home 58-0 to win their homecoming match and the Valley Bowl.
- AUHS homecoming parade sees large crowds
Maghan Hunt Editor Anderson Union High School held its annual homecoming parade this afternoon. According to Carol Perea, an Anderson High teacher, there was a large number of students and community m …
- AUHS celebrating homecoming with events
Anderson Union High School’s homecoming is tomorrow, along with the homecoming parade that runs along Freeman Street, North Street, McMurry Drive, and Balls Ferry Road. The parade starts at 2 p. …
- Shasta County celebrates ‘Think Pink’
Thousands of “Think Pink” bags were handed out this morning in recognition of October being Breast Cancer Awareness month, as well as to raise awareness about steps that can be taken for p …
Redding Homes Blog
- Shasta REALTORS® promote professionalism
Really love this recent message to all our local REALTORs from our board’s Executive Officer. Hello Fellow REALTORS®, REALTORS® pledge to treat all parties in a transaction honestly, to provide …
- Redding area home prices up in September
Here is some statistical data we look at every month to help us plan trends in our local homes market. This is September. Longtime readers should recognize the format. Looks like prices are headed up. …
- Affordable housing in Shasta Lake City
Here’s some attractive looking affordable housing going up in Shasta Lake City. Looks like a really nice collaboration project. Good work.It’s right across the street from Shasta Lake Scho …
- New listing! Raymond’s Libations
Hey, this would make a great brewpub. The roughly 4000 sqft space is currently divided into a bar, a banquet room, an office, and an apartment. There’s room out back on the 7500 sqft lot for mor …
- You won’t find us in the Yellow Pages
Many years ago, the YellowPages was equivalent to Google for finding a business. Today, this yellow book arrived unwelcome and uninvited on my driveway, I paused briefly before recycling it to see if …
- Demographics is destiny
Here’s some interesting demographic info, presented with trendy dubsteppy music. Around here we say demographics is destiny, for real estate.
- Biggest homeseller mistakes, according to agents
So there’s this website for agents called Active Rain, and they polled 1000 agents to ask what the biggest mistakes homesellers can make might be. We mostly agree with the list. To the extent yo …
- Thank you, Marie Whitacre
Marie Whitacre served many roles at The Shasta Association of Realtors, and everything she did helped to raise the bar of quality and integrity. This evening, we gathered at the GAIA to thank her for …
- How The Economic Machine Works
Just curating this here. Very useful info, if you have a few minutes to review. How The Economic Machine Works by Ray Dalio
- Where to find local Open Houses?
The Shasta Association of Realtors has recently changed their webpage to make it easier for consumers to locate Open Houses. Figuring out where to find local Open Houses is now easy. Just click here: …
- 7095 Bohn Anderson 96007 1404 sqft 3/2 on 1 acre $199,000
Here’s a foreclosed home with a tile roof in the Friendly Hills neighborhood. “Great country setting for this home on 1 acre with new carpet, vinyl and interior paint as well as new applia …
- 22197 River View Cottonwood 96022 Lake California $125,000
Where else in California can you buy a home in a gated community for $125K? “The community encompasses approximately 5,950 acres, with 2,200 plus lots, which features spectacular views of Mt. La …
- 15659 Mt Shasta View Oak Run 96069 Up in the woods $115,000
So maybe you’re looking for a place up in the woods. Maybe just as a getwaway. Or maybe as a place to ride out an approaching plague remote from large groups of people. Oak Run is just such a pl …
- 1435,1443 Diamond St Anderson 96007 1 lot with 2 homes $132,900
Here’s a rare 2 on 1 REO currently being offered by your government from your Fannie Mae organization. “Two houses on one spacious lot. 1435 Diamond is a one bedroom 1 bath with laundry ro …
- 2840 Camulos Redding 96002 $204,900
Here’s a Fannie Mae owned foreclosure home. Built in 1987 and a 3/2 of about 1738 sqft. There’s only this one image in the MLS. Representing the seller interest in this sale is foreclosure …
- 1355 Denton Way Redding 96002 1870 sqft 3/2 Pool $217,800
So evidently the FUJI FinePix F500EXR is prone to blowing out images in strong light, in case you were wondering. And you probably weren’t. Representing the bank/seller is foreclosure listing ag …
- 6777 Mullen Pkwy Redding 96001 Was $350K Now $184,900
A different agent might roll down the car window before taking the lead marketing photo. Anyway this one once listed for an optimistic $350K back in 2006. But what’s perhaps more important to kn …
- 1008 Grouse Dr Redding 96003 Quail Ridge $162,900
A different agent might take a photo of the front of a house they are listing for sale. Or at least a tree in front, like yesterday’s FDotD. Did manage to get that empty liquor bottle and… …
- 2165 Butte Street Redding 96001 Downtown Redding $160,000
A rare, cute home west of downtown Redding. You don’t see many homes like this for sale. So, here’s photo of a tree, with the home somewhere in the background. “Adorable West Side wi …
- 11863 Deschutes Bella Vista or Palo Cedro $229,900
We aren’t exactly sure where Palo Cedro ends and Bella Vista begins on Deschutes Road, but this 1982 buil7 1674 sqft 4/2 on 9.95 acres seems like it could be called either. Your government owns …