Mt Shasta Ski Park Weather Conditions
Cal Trans Current Road Condition Cameras
Local Police radio scanners online at Redding.com
KRCR Interactive weather radar
Note: If you see an error message on this page try, refreshing the browser.
- Sheriff: Florida man kills 6 grandkids, daughter
A once-convicted felon killed six of his grandchildren, including an infant, his adult daughter and himself in a shooting at the man's home in a small North Florida town Thursday, a sheriff said.
- US food makers surpass calorie cutting pledge
In an effort to stave off America's obesity problem, a group of 16 high-profile food and beverage companies that committed to cut calories in their products have far surpassed their target.
- Millennials lead US decline in entrepreneurship
For years, Christina Marshall was convinced she would start her own company. But after graduating two years ago, she chose a conventional career. The timing wasn't right.
- Social media used to find missing people, items
Facebook groups help get word out about missing items, crime and missing people.
- Is there money for more cops in Redding?
Council candidates Michael Dacquisto and Francie Sullivan spar over Dacquisto's assertion that city has extra cash to hire more officers.
- Tee time for all: Historic vote cast in Scotland
This just in from Scotland. The votes have been counted, and there is a historic development 260 years in the making.
- Home Depot security breach affects 56 million
Home Depot says 56 million payment cards were affected by a data breach between April and September.
- ISIS group seizes 21 villages in northern Syria
BEIRUT (AP) — Islamic State fighters backed by tanks have captured 21 Kurdish villages over the past 24 hours in northern Syria near the Turkish border, prompting civilians to flee their homes amid fe …
- Device to detect when drivers send texts
A company in Virginia is working on a device that detects a radio signal sent out from a vehicle when someone is texting.
- Walmart to hire 60,000 seasonal workers
Walmart is going to hire 60,000 to aid with holiday shopping and have quicker checkout lanes.
- One Safe Place comments on animal cruelty and domestic violence case
34-year-old Ryan Watenpaugh was released from jail on Wednesday. He is the man accused of killing his girlfriend’s dog and feeding it to her.
- Redding travelers escape Mexico after hurricane made landfall
Six people from Redding have left Mexico after being trapped due to Hurricane Odile.
- Wedding dress and rings saved from Boles Fire
Jaclynn Mitchell's fiance rushed to save some of their most precious items, including her wedding dress and their rings.
- Fire in downtown Red Bluff considered 'human caused'
Fire officials are investigating a fire that destroyed a building and damaged another in Red Bluff.
- Woman flees from invisible people, crashes into police gate
A woman is arrested after crashing her SUV into the Redding Police Department. She claims she was being chased by invisible people.
- Update: Boles Fire 60% contained
Firefighters are making progress battling the Boles Fire in Siskiyou County.
- Man accused of feeding girlfriend dog released from jail
A Redding man accused of killing his girlfriend's dog then feeding it to her was released from jail Wednesday.
- Student put in detention for sharing school lunch
An eighth grade student from Weaverville Elementary School got a detention slip for sharing his school prepared lunch Tuesday.
- School Board delays 6th grade move
The Chico Unified School District board delayed a plan Wednesday that would 6th graders from elementary school to junior high school. It will now go into effect for the 2016-17 school year.
- Butte County GOP headquarters opens with high hopes
The Butte County Republican Party opened its headquarters Wednesday night amid high hopes for a big November election. Their campaign headquarters for the November 4th general election is at Man …
- Omega Nu's "Rock the Barn" Dance is Saturday
The Beta Chapter of Omega Nu will host its "Rock the Barn" Dance Saturday, September 20th, from 6-11 p.m. at the historic Patrick Ranch south of Chico, on the Midway.It's a major fundra …
- A hot last weekend of Summer
A weak storm moved through the North State today, bringing a mix of sun and clouds, cooler temperatures, and a few showers in the mountains… mainly the Siskiyous. Many areas in the Valley saw sprink …
- Lindo Channel Fire in Chico human caused
Chico Fire Officials say the fires that burned two acres in Lindo channel Wednesday night were definitely human caused. But they don't know if it was intentional, or accidental. Flames were first …
- Concern over dumped cars in Sac River, but law enforcement says too dangerous to pull out
Tehama County Sheriff's officials say they're getting a lot of calls about a car underwater in the Sacramento River, but it's been there for years.In fact, Action News Now has learned t …
- Mexican national charged for Glenn County pot grow
A federal grand jury returned a four-count indictment Thursday against Mexican national Ivan Espinoza Villafana in connection with an illegal marijuana grow in Glenn County.Authorities say the 24-year …
- 400-acre fire burning in Butte County
Firefighters in Butte County are battling a 400-acre fire that broke out 10 miles of west of Durham Thursday afternoon.The Nelson Fire was first reported around 2 p.m. and is burning in the Llano Seco …
- Final tally: 143 homes burned in Boles Fire
The final count is in on homes and other buildings destroyed by the Boles Fire that tore through the small city of Weed. Weed city administrator Ron Stock said Thursday that 143 homes and nine other b …
- Alert neighbor helps recover stolen vehicle
Chico police recovered a stolen vehicle this morning after a watchful neighbor reported some suspicious activity.33-year-old Matthew West was arrested on the 1700 block of Vallombrosa early this morni …
- Woman crashes into police department fleeing from "invisible people"
The Redding Police Department was quick to fix its front gate this morning after a woman rammed through it Wednesday night.44-year-old Kim Rychetsky told police people were following her and threateni …
- Assistance center opened in Weed
A Salvation Army assistance center has been opened in Weed for victims of the Boles Fire.Clothing, food, household goods, and other items that have been donated will be distributed to those who have b …
Redding Homes Blog
- Bay Area featured home vs a Redding Area home
We get The SF Chronicle delivered here in Redding on Sundays. Their real estate section always runs a Featured Open House. It’s continually a revelation to see how little home your money can buy …
- Anselmo auction date pushed back
Not really a Redding Homes Blog related post, but we see the auction for the Anselmo property in Inwood has been delayed to October 23, pending resolution of the ongoing zoning question. The plan was …
- Redding area home sales in August -continued
Here are more charts from the Shasta Association of Realtors regarding local home sales in August. This one might need a click to expand enough to read. It’s broken out by price band. Interestin …
- Redding area home sales decline slightly in August
Not a huge decline, but noticeable. 194 homes sold, compared to 226 last month. At the present rate of Shasta area home sales, it would take 7 months to deplete our supply. So, inventory is up a bit f …
- Google data shows home search is on the rise
Saw a really fascinating article by Google about seasonal trends in real estate searches. Click on either graphic to go to the whole article. Then too, the the data reveals changes in our taste. Big d …
- New video tour! Ono view home
We’ve uploaded this beautiful brief virtual tour video describing the home we have for sale in lovely Ono California. Take a look and see what you think. Offered by: The Address Realty Skip Murp …
- New tour video! 2967 Ross Creek Court
Just finished up the tour video for this lovely home on Ross Creek Court in the amazing Pacific Heights neighborhood. Check it out, and be sure to switch it for HD: Another fine home offered by: The A …
- A Redding home seller testimonial
We were able to sell Tom’s house in Redding while saving him a big pile of money in the process. We can sell yours too. We think home sellers should keep more of their money. Thanks for using ou …
- New listing! Gorgeous Pacific Heights home $410,000
This will be our 4th home sale on this luxury cul de sac! The art of living can be yours in this Pacific Heights masterwork. Bring your interior design ideas to life in this Modern California Style st …
- New Listing! Ono view home $359,000
(Edit: There is currently a large wildfire burning some miles west of this property. Call for updates) A while back we published a few teaser images of this view home coming up for sale in Ono. Now it …
- 1428 Wingsetter Redding 96003 Quail Ridge $229,000
Quail Ridge is among the more popular neighborhoods in Redding due to the proximity of shopping, services, and highly rated Boulder Creek School, which is in walking distance. It’s also not far …
- 2448 Amethyst Way Redding, CA 96003 Lake Redding Estates $218,900
Here’s a government owned foreclosure home in highly desirable Lake Redding Estates Most of the interior images are dated from 8 months ago, but presumably are a good representation of current c …
- 135 Danbury Dr Redding 96003 HUD home $175,000
Here’s a 1990 built home near Simpson University and Bethel. It’s listed as a 1219 sqft 3/2. Looks like very water wise lawn situation at the moment. Representing the interests of your gov …
- 2437 Snow Lane Redding 96003 Lake Redding Estates $237,900
We’ve been in this home with the prior owner. It’s quite nice, and a great neighborhood. “Lake Redding Location with inground gunite pool; nice large backyard with patio. Newly paint …
- 1802 Breckenwood Dr Redding 96002 Woodhaven $199,900
Here’s a government owned ’85 Ranch Style home in Woodhaven in east Reddding. There’s only this one photo provided, but you can click on it to make it bigger. “Computer, enhanc …
- 30544 Sleepy Hollow Dr Shingletown 96088 $214,900
We’ve been in this Shasta Forest Village home. It’s very nice. “Newer, well kept mountain home with 3 bedrooms, two baths, inside laundry, open floor plan, rock hearth with wood stov …
- 1800 Los Flores Shasta Lake City 96019 $84,900
Here’s a government owned home for sale in Shasta Lake City. Representing the interests of the government in this sale is foreclosure listing broker Brian Salado of The Real Estate Group. He wri …
- 19328 Millicent Anderson 96007 $149,000
This home looks like an interesting .54 acre setting for the money. Also, having available a federal renovation loan is a plus. There are more photos of this Anderson foreclosure home at the link. Rep …
- 3161 Brent Redding 96002 ’97 2081 sqft 4/2.5 $324900
Here’s a government owned REO home in Redding. Representing the government in this sale is foreclosure listing agent AnnMarie Nelson of Realty World Tri Shasta. She writes: “This home is a …
- 3714 Sunwood Redding 96002 HUD home $180,000
Here’s a HUD home in the Sunwood subdivision of Redding. It’s listed as a 1986 built 1344 sqft 3/2 on .39 acre. Representing the interests of the government in this sale is foreclosure lis …