Click for weather forecast
Mt Shasta Ski Park Weather Conditions
Cal Trans Current Road Condition Cameras
Local Police radio scanners online at Redding.com
KRCR Interactive weather radar
Note: If you see an error message on this page, try refreshing the browser.
- CHP: One in custody following chase
California Highway Patrol officers say they caught a man in Tehama County after he fled a traffic stop in Redding, heading down Interstate 5 today.
- Friday weather: High near 93 with hotter weekend ahead
Friday should be relatively cool in Redding compared to the hot weekend ahead, according to the National Weather Service.
- Keep using the trails, Redding officials stress
Redding officials are urging trail users not to let fear take over in the wake of two recent violent incidents on the city's trail system.
- LaMalfa supports turning Tule Lake camp into historic site
The internment camp that housed Japanese Americans operated in World War II.
- Shasta Union management gets raises
Some 40 management employees within the Shasta Union High School District are getting 2.77-percent raises costing over $126,000 total.
- Redding pregnancy clinic won’t refer for abortion services
Care Net says it won't post state-required sign that mentions abortion and contraception until after legal challenges are completed.
- Spoon Me in downtown Redding will close
The frozen yogurt shop will close June 27.
- It’s official: Morgan will face Schappell in November for supervisor’s seat
Pam Giacomini and Mary Rickert will square off for District 3 seat, and Bill Schappell and Steve Morgan will face off in District 4.
- RABA begins beach bus service
Children at MLK Center day camp take bus to enjoy day at Whiskeytown as RABA starts service to the National Recreation Area.
- UPDATE: Sheriff's dog OK after being rushed to hospital
A sheriff's dog is doing well after his handler rushed him to a veterinary hospital with a medical emergency this afternoon.
- Six arrested after a three month burglary investigation
Butte County Sheriff's Detectives served search warrants at five locations from Gridley to the Forbestown area and arrested six people.
- England native Chicoan says economy played role in Brexit vote
Anne Ennis, who owns Brambley Cottage in the Garden Walk Mall in downtown Chico, is affected more than most by Friday's news that Britain voted to leave the European Union.
- Firefighters contain blaze that threatened homes in Oroville
The Lausen Fire threatened homes in Oroville Thursday evening. It was contained at 6 acres
- Northstate Reps. talk about sit-in
Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives took a stand by taking part in a sit-in for about 25 hours
- Hope for Meriam Park returns after '08 recession
Meriam Park , a residential and business development that was put on hold after the '08 housing crash and subsequent recession, is making a comeback
- Disabled youth learned and played sports, including water-skiing, at a week-long sports camp in Chico.
Disabled youth learned and played sports, including water-skiing, at a week-long sports camp in Chico
- Two new California gun bills could make getting CCW permits harder to get.
Two new gun control proposals in the California Legislature could make it harder and more expensive to legally get concealed carry weapons (CCW) permits
- The California Public Utility Commission decided Thursday to bump PG&E customer's gas bills up to improve PG&E's gas system.
The California Public Utility Commission decided Thursday to bump PG&E customer's gas bills up to improve PG&E's gas system.
- Three arrested after being found with stolen property
Due to recent storage unit burglaries, Oroville police officers were patrolling the areas of local storage units when they discovered three suspects sitting in their vehicle with stolen property
- Elderly driver crashes between pumps at Redding gas station
A woman was knocked down at a Redding gas station Thursday morning after an elderly driver crashed his car between two gas pumps. The driver was arrested for DUI
- North State recycling centers feeling the crunch of shifting global economy
Recycling centers all over the state are shutting down because they just can't make ends meet, leaving many people with little options.The number of recycling facilities state wide has dipped fro …
- Six arrested in Mt. Ida burglary sweep
Butte County Sheriff’s deputies served search warrants on five different locations throughout Butte County leading to six arrests and seizure of a large haul of guns, drugs and stolen proper …
- Hot & Dry Conditions Elevate Fire Danger Across The Region
Sunny skies, around average heat, low humidity values, and strengthening Northwest winds are ahead for your Friday. The conditions above all lead to higher fire danger across the region, and the highe …
- Elderly facility residents garnering support to allow electric vehicles in cross walks
Tensions are high at the Kentwood Mobile Home Estates Park in Chico as residents are getting a petition together in regards to their golf carts.The park located off of the esplanade, is home to hundre …
- Study shows drugs prescribed after teeth removal causing rise in youth drug addiction
They’re some of the most trusted members of the community and recent studies show that many dentists may be inadvertently helping young people become addicted to painkillers.Having your wisd …
- Chico 4th in Bidwell Park
There may be different groups behind it this year, but the traditional Independence Celebration will continue this 4th of July in Chico's Bidwell Park. …
- Special needs school burglarized, $10k worth of equipment stolen
Workers at the Little Red Hen are heartbroken tonight.The facility serves children with autism and the Lifespan Center was broken into early Wednesday morning. The thieves stole thousands of dollars …
- Redding residents looking to curb violence at popular pedestrian trail
Recent criminal activity along Redding's popular river park trail is the subject of a town hall meeting happening right now.I'm here at the community room at city hall in Redding where tonig …
- 3 behind bars after several break-ins at Oroville storage facility
Three people are now behind bars in connection with several break-ins at an Oroville storage facility.Oroville police say just before midnight last night, an officer was patrolling near Extra Storage …
- 4 acre fire burning in Oroville
Cal Fire is battling a vegetation fire Thursday afternoon in Oroville.Three to four acres have currently burned but Cal Fire officials said they are making good progress on getting full containment.So …
- Donald Trump, Bill Clinton coming to Redding
Both Donal Trump and Bill Clinton are coming to Redding to rally for votes. Clinton will be campaigning for his
- Convicted felon arrested for firing a handgun
A convicted felon was arrested and a school was placed on lockdown after police said the man fired a gun.
- POP Team arrests 7 while targeting recent thefts
Seven people were arrested Friday night by the Anderson Police Department’s POP Team, who were focusing on several locations after
- Officer assaulted with coffee mug; police say suspect ‘should’ve used decaf’
An Anderson police officer was assaulted with a coffee cup Thursday morning, resulting in the arrest of an Anderson man.
- Citizens help police find felon at McDonalds
A 21-year-old man as arrested at the Anderson McDonalds after police said citizens helped them located him in the bathroom.
July 2016 – Summer Fun
Let the fireworks fly – it’s the Fourth of July.Original article published at Enjoy Magazine
Make a Splash at Tsasdi Resort in Lakehead
In spite of a history dating back more than six decades, Tsasdi Resort (pronounced ‘szawz-dee’), located in Lakehead, may be one of the best-kept secrets in the North State.Original article published …
Cruise Down the Sacramento River With Paddle California
Early this fall, a group of about 40 paddlers of all kinds will take a 100-mile trip down the Sacramento River, from Redding to Chico…Original article published at Enjoy Magazine
Celebrating the Centennial of America's National Parks
The National Park Service is celebrating its 100th birthday, and the gifts are all for you: forest trails, bubbling mud pots, glassy lakes, splashy waterfalls, massive volcanoes, towering redwoods and …
The Historic Durham House Inn Bed & Breakfast
A B&B is a B&B is a B&B, right? If it’s got a bed and there’s breakfast involved, Original article published at Enjoy Magazine
Ann Sittig Tells a Story of The Mayans Among Us
There was a degree of reverence Redding’s Ann Sittig took in opening the box of her first book, “The Mayans Among Us,” when it arrived at her doorstep in March. Original article published at Enjoy Mag …
Heritage Roasting Company
“It’s a mysterious thing. The more I pursued it, the better it got.” Stuart Sutherland of Heritage Roasting Company in Shasta Lake made that statement when describing the beginnings of his passion for …
Trinity Alps Golf Course and Restaurant
Weaverville’s cherished golf course was on the ropes. The restaurant and bar was about to become a church and a developer was envisioning a housing project on the nine-hole layout.Original article pub …
A Helpful Guide to Swimsuit Shopping
In just about any fitting room, in just about any city in the world, one unmistakable sound can be heard as summer approaches – the frustrated sighs of a woman trying to find the perfect swimsuit. Ori …
Shasta College's New Theater Arts Instructor, Gregory Thorson
Gregory Thorson was a kindergartner when he saw a professional stage production of Shakespeare’s “Macbeth.” Original article published at Enjoy Magazine
Redding Homes Blog
- Rare .42 acre lot in great NW Redding neighborhood!
Rare opportunity to build your dream home! One of the few remaining undeveloped large lots in this established upscale neighborhood of custom homes. Cul de sac location, backs up to city owned greenbe …
- A nice review for The Address Realty services
Always pleasing to see a nice review of our work appear on Zillow. We know some brokerages initiate these anonymous reviews by the truckload, but we don’t engage in that practice. If you see an …
- Sold! Full price obtained for this west Redding home
We listed this west Redding home for sale quite some time ago. In winter, as the marketing images reveal. The seller wished to stay in the home until early June, so it was a very long escrow. But we f …
- Affordable renovated Shasta Lake City home just $129,900
Cozy home with gas-fired woodstove in the livingroom and hardwood floors. New carpet in bedroooms, and renovated bathroom. Large .32 acre lot with circular driveway located on quiet street. Large outb …
- New listing! High Country home in the pines of Burney
20125 Long Leaf Lane Burney CA 96013 Offered by: The Address Realty Skip Murphy CalBRE #01423715 Call or Text (530) 356 4500 The post New listing! High Country home in the pines of Burney appeared fir …
- Coming soon! Affordable home in Shasta Lake City
Just $129,900 for this home in Shasta Lake City on a quiet street with a large .31 acre lot. Seen here while still undergoing renovation. Why rent when you can own for about the same monthly payment? …
- Coming soon! Home in the high country, above valley heat
Summer in the Northstate can get hot, shall we say. But just a few minutes out of town and up in the hills, things get cooler. And speaking of cool, we have this cool new home listing coming that will …
- New listing! Home in The Bluffs community in Redding
Enjoy carefree living in Redding! The Bluffs community is located where neighbors look out over the Sacramento River to the city below. Engineered wood floors and modern tile kitchen along with update …
- Sold! Creative real estate photography enables quick sale
We sold this east Redding home in just 46 days, start to finish. The Redding real estate market has really heated up. And we also think our marketing had something important to contribute to the quick …
- New listing! Affordable NW Redding home with nice garden
Wow! This home sold fast. After just a few days on the market, the seller received 3 offers! We now have an accepted offer and this home is in escrow Pending Sale. We can sell your home too. Ask us ho …